Frequently Asked Questions
A. A Personal Chef makes your life easier. I help individuals and families with busy lives eat better, healthier, with ease and peace of mind. I prepare gourmet food in your home and store the meals in the refrigerator or freezer based upon your consultation. Each item and menu is created just for you and is unique to your family’s dining preferences and dietary requirements.
A. If your time is limited or your kitchen skills are lacking quality, healthful meals should still be a priority. A personal chef enables you to save valuable time grocery shopping, planning meals, and cooking while still enjoying wholesome, delicious meals at home. Anyone can hire a personal chef, but here are just a few examples of people who might find it rewarding:
- Busy workaholics with little free time
- Active families with other priorities
- Independent seniors
- New parents, harried for time
- People trying to understand and incorporate special diets
- People with weight loss goals, long or short term
- People limited in mobility by injury or illness
- People wanting to surprise someone with a unique special gift
- A romantic who wants to woo their partner with an intimate, private dinner to remember
- Party hosts who want to enjoy their own dinner party and depend on someone else to do the heavy lifting
- People hoping to learn how to cook
- People who would just rather not set foot in the kitchen
- Anyone looking to enjoy a fun evening with friends
A. Initially we meet to discuss my detailed food questionnaire and outline any food preferences and dietary needs. We will set parameters regarding packaging and storage, such as whether you prefer recyclable or disposable storage containers, plastic or oven safe. I will then create customized meals for your approval. We will agree on a day for me to cook in your home and that morning I will do all of the grocery shopping. I will cook, package and label your gourmet dinners and leave them in the refrigerator or freezer with complete instructions on how to prepare them when you are ready to enjoy your meals. I will leave your kitchen spotless and your house filled with fantastic, fresh meals.
A. Pricing varies depending on the number of entrees, servings prepared and ingredients used. I charge based on the cost of groceries and packaging as well as an hourly fee. Please call me at 504.344.4824 or email through my contact page to further discuss pricing
A. The price of the service includes:
- Client consultation, food questionnaire and kitchen review
- Personalized menus research, planning and creation
- Grocery shopping for the very best, freshest ingredients
- Cooking, packaging, labeling and storing
- Kitchen clean-up
- Pantry items such as flour, oils, sugar, herbs and spices are included
The cost of groceries is not included in the service price.
A. Yes, all meals are prepared in the safety of the client’s kitchen and I leave the kitchen clean and spotless when finished.
A. Time necessary depends on how many meals I am preparing as well as the menu that has been selected. Typically, the service takes about 4 -6 hours from start to finish.
A. You do not have to be present on your scheduled cook date, but appropriate arrangements must be made in advance for me to safely gain access to your house.
A. I strive to provide my clients with the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. I regularly shop at Whole Foods, Fresh Market and Rousses, but will accommodate budgetary constraints by visiting other markets. I am also enthusiastic about locally and seasonally sourced products and can regularly include Hollygrove and the Crescent City Farmers Market in my shopping rotation.
A. Containers vary according to your preference. Options will be discussed during the initial consultation. You may want to use Pyrex, Corningware or other heavy duty oven safe containers or you may prefer to use re-usable plastic containers. Container choices can accommodate the following: microwavable, stackable, refrigerator/freezer friendly, leak-resistant, durable and economical.
A. Please contact me by phone or via my contact page to schedule a complimentary in-home consultation. I will sit down with you to complete a comprehensive questionnaire detailing your dining preferences, dietary needs and lifestyle requirements. From there I will create customized menus that you will approve, and we will schedule a service day.